Odd Beholder — Rifle Club
Odd Beholder, the Electro Wave / Indie Pop - project of Swiss musician Daniela Weinmann, announces the third album "Feel Better", and releases its third single "Rifle Club" on November 3rd, 2023.
“Feel Better” is a record that was designed with the logic of a modern novel in mind – a non-linear series of vignettes that map the life-mosaic of the main character. In the song "Rifle Club," Weinmann travels back in time.
“Rifle Club” tells the story of a small provincial town in Switzerland in the 1990s, a place full of bullies, brass bands and peeping toms. In search of a friend, the narrator tries to steer clear of the town's tristesse, of the looming threat of abuse and of teenage betrayal.
However, the song also asks why it can be so difficult for young women* to find and empower each other and show solidarity with one another (even when it seems the logical thing to do considering their shared fates).
'Feel Better' is a record about finding the courage to explore the dark spaces inside of you so that you can finally move on and live a life on your own terms!
|Promotion:||Mouthwatering Records, Sophie Adam|
|Booking:||Glad We Met, Fabian (CH)|
Oha Music, Arthur (DE)
- 10.12.2023: Helsinki, Zürich
- 14.12.2023: Le Bourg, Lausanne
- 25.02.2024: ISC Club, Bern
- 12.03.2024: Krise, Bremen
- 13.03.2024: Monarch, Berlin
- 14.03.2024: Aaltra, Chemnitz
- 15.03.2024: Franz Mehlhose, Erfurt
- 16.03.2024: Live Club Bamberg, Bamberg
- 19.03.2024: Cafe Glocksee, Hannover
- 20.03.2024: Ponyhof, Frankfurt
- 21.03.2024: Druckluft, Oberhausen