Arthur Hnatek — Grind Rums
Arthur Hnatek and Taut - Grind Rums
Two voices of stark counterpoint, high and low, stand in permanent opposition. Joyful drums rush forward, undaunted, stumbling over their own exuberance and pushing out ahead of the pack. A simple, descending melody pulls the runaway rhythms back into compliance again and again. Grind Rums recalls the labyrinthine IDM of Squarepusher and Venetian Snares, while striking a decidedly somber tone.
Arthur Hnatek and Taut (aka Jacob Bergson) first met as university students in New York, over a decade ago. Best known for their sideman work, with the likes of Tigran Hamasyan, Erik Truffaz, Kimbra and Jojo Mayer/Nerve, they both experienced parallel slides into the world of electronic music production. Individualists both instrumentally and compositionally, their converging interests made collaboration increasingly inevitable.
|Promotion:||Mouthwatering Records, Andreas Ryser|
- 13.08.2022: Winterthurer Musikfestwochen, Winterthur
- 20.08.2022: Unknown venue, Nyon
- 27.08.2022: La Dérivée, Yverdon-Les-Bains
- 09.09.2022: La Ferme des Tilleuls, Lausanne
- 10.09.2022: Royal, Baden
- 17.09.2022: Label Suisse Festival / D-club, Lausanne
- 22.09.2022: Südpol, Luzern
- 20.10.2022: Moods, Zürich
- 21.10.2022: Neubad Luzern, Luzern
- 17.12.2022: Le Singe, Biel