Ay Wing — Angel Blue
Angel Blue: vulnerability and a return to the essence
As we grapple with a global pandemic, Ay Wing’s whimsical, thumping, hip hop beat interspersed with glittery harmonic pads and combined with her haunting vocals plunges the listener into an intimate and vulnerable world. Angel Blue is the second track in a series of four songs (Cycle) celebrating the divine feminine and the female cycle.
The song is inspired by the idea of harvest and withdrawal. During this time, we might feel more introverted, emotional, inward-facing and introspective. It also represents the PMS phase in which women may feel lower in energy and calmer, since it’s a natural winding-down time in the cycle.
“I’m a saint, I’m a savage, wisdom turns into madness, would you still put me first when I’m at my worst” - the lyrics represent duality and confronting the doubts and anxieties that come into play during this phase, as well as questioning women’s roles as caregivers.
|Promotion:||Mouthwatering Records, Nadine Schärer|
- 19.-21.08.2022: Bänkli Festival 2022, Wettingen
- 26.-27.08.2022: Musig ide Altstadt Aarau 2022, Aarau
- 27.08.2022: Plagesalavaux Openair 2022, Vaud
- 13.09.2022: Gustav Bar & Garten, Bern
- 14.09.2022: ANTE Luzern, Luzern
- 17.09.2022: RADAR - Festival For New Music 2022, Zürich
- 23.09.2022: Chollerhalle, Zug
- 24.09.2022: Kongress & Kursaal Bern, Bern