Arthur Hnatek — 101 Breeze
If you’ve ever wondered what a proficient jazz drummer would do within the parameters of contemporary electronica, the new SWIMS single might be what you’ve been waiting for. 101 Breeze is a jagged, bright, iridescent, stuttering, thumping something with the drive of a caffeinated Brooklynite on a mission to catch his train during morning rush hour. The layered, polyrhythmic synths splashing around the arrangement were created in their entirety using the classic Roland SH101, the drums and all additional percussive elements played live. If you’re into that Aphex Twin or Clark or Floating Points type of nerdy electronica, your jones will definitely be satisfied! But best believe that these sonics will just as effectively ripple through a packed dance floor and contort bodies lovely.
SWIMS is the name of the solo project of Arthur Hnatek. You might know him as the drummer of Erik Truffaz or Tigran Hamasyan. Every song from the forthcoming self titled EP created in the studio as a template for further de/reconstructions on stage, where they will be deployed as a samples to be manipulated, explored and remixed live using a trigger-modified kit.
|Publishing:||Mouthwatering Records (World)|
|Promotion:||Mouthwatering Records, Andreas Ryser|
- 04.06.2020: Auditorium De L'opera, Bordeaux
- 05.06.2020: LE ROCHER DE PALMER, Cenon
- 19.06.2020: B-Sides Festival, Kriens
- 09.09.2020: Boulder Theater, Boulder
- 10.09.2020: REFLEKTOR, Liège
- 27.09.2020: Sono Centrum, Brno
- 30.09.2020: Jazz Tibet Club, Olomouc
- 12.11.2020: 6mic, Aix-en-Provence
- 26.01.2021: LE BIKINI, Ramonville St Agne
- 02.02.2021: La Gaîté Lyrique, Paris